Wednesday, December 7, 2011

This post will probably be a short one since I don't have too much new to write about. This week is kind of weird holiday wise. We had school on Monday and Wednesday, but Tuesday we had off, and Thursday and Friday will also be school-free, so my family and I are going to take a short trip to Leon, starting tomorrow. Anyway to begin:

I have a couple of things I did these past few days that I haven't done since getting here, so I will write about them. The first was go to a Real Madrid basketball game, which was the first professional sporting event I have been to since arriving in Spain. The stadium and experience was somewhat different than that of NBA games. The crowd was similar, but it was probably a bit smaller, and unlike at NBA games, there was one section of extremely dedicated fans that didn't sit down once during the game. The main difference though was that the stadium consisted of seats and the court, and that was all. No over-priced food or team merchandise. It really threw my off. In my opinion, it just doesn't feel right going to a pro sports game and not being able to buy stadium food. Anyway, the game was fun and exciting, and Real Madrid won.
The other thing that I did was go to a movie in a theater. Yesterday, I went with my host family to a nearby town to watch The Fantastic Mr. Fox in Spanish. Except it wasn't really a theater like in America. Now I'm sure that all theaters here aren't like this, but we watched this one in an auditorium in the community center of the town. Anyway, I enjoyed the movie, although I found it kind of stupid that they listed all of the voices of the English version when the movie was dubbed in Spanish. So even though it listed George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Bill Murray, and Owen Wilson as star voices, the audience here never hears their voices. In my opinion, it is what the Spanish would call a "tontería".

Well, that is about all. I will try to post some pictures from the next two days on Saturday or Sunday, so until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment